Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm JohnD, just joined today. I bought a 67 coupe last week. The car is stripped down for paint but there are some changes I want to make first. The exhaust had glasspacks on the headers, and I've already ordered header back exhaust so that is taken care of. The entire underneath is all new , except he kept the drum brakes all around. I want to start off with switching to disc front. Without going the Granada route, what are my options? It is a manual setup noe, but I would like to switch it to a power brake setup. Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
There are a number of options for brakes. Scarebird, SSBC, etc. I have the SSBC and love the set up. I also got a great deal on the price through a friend. Do a search here and you'll find a lot of threads about brakes.
Welcome aboard!
Stan

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
There are a lot of threads on the disc brake conversions. Off the top of my head SSBC (may not be right), scarebird, I went with Vintage Venom (for no particular reason)... Lots of kits out there.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Aslan types faster than I do.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I used the SSBC power front disc and I like it alot!

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome JohnD.. these forums are excellent at finding out about most all issues.. I am glad I came here and became a member.. hope you enjoy it as much as I have.. and good luck with that brake conversion.. let us know how it turns out.. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Get acquainted with "Search" - this site is so well used, and has been around so long, you're almost certain to find that a question has been asked before.
Best of luck with the new buggy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts