Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i was just wondering if i could get a couple of opinions on the worth of my car!!! its a 66 c code 289 with a 3 speed, i bought it off the original owner i got the VA DMV to let me keep the original title when i changed it over i have all the original paperwork and owners manual and even the window sticker that states its options were 8 cly engine, radio AM, wimbeldon white, power steering, tinted windsheild, 2 speed electric wipers wsw tires, and states the final price was$2,832.00 he gave me all the papers down to tag registration for each year and all repairs, NOW the bad part!!! it sat in his yard for 5 years rusting up!!! the quarters for the most part were eat up around the wheels and i've replaced the deck lid and the (HOOD, THANKS TO KEVIN LEPPERT) has a baseball sized hole in both fenders and doors
the bumpers are rusted and the floors are pretty bad but the frame is great and only has two spots of surface rust! its about 3/8's primered now, the engine fired right up after putting on a $30.00 card i got off [censored] and starts up with no problem and the guy told me that the engine was replaced and only has 60,000 on it, plus all the mechanical stuff works like the radiator and all the guages, ive drove it around a couple of times and all the gears work, just has no brakes! the trunk area is pretty rusty and will need a new gas tank, the interior except for back seat pass seat and cluster will need work, i paid $750 for the car not knowing that it would run.. so how did i do and what do you think the car is worth, and if anybody has any advice for a newbie, expecially things i need to look for during restoration i would appreciate it,
THANKS

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The price was good. The condition sounds fairly bad be ready for some major body work. Is the cowl area rusted out also? The car may be worth $1000 if that. Here in calif. it would be even less due to all the rust back east is a differnt story rust is a part of life. Good luck with the project.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, im glad to hear that i did not get ripped off, haa haa. Yeah i think that the cowl is bad. it drips a little water in the floor when it rains. and the little black coffee can under the dash has rust in it!! as for now all i should have to do is new quarters floors and brakes as far as major stuff,but on my 20 year old budget it was the only vintage stang i could get ahold of, and ive wanted one badly forever, and ive taken 4 years worth of auto body so i love that too ::,thanks for the help and if ya have anymore things i should check or i should do considering im just getting started let me know!!!!!
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts