Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I won't settle this debate but its starting to me off anyway. Now Tony I'm not taking pot shot at you, but is there some reason that month after month there are so few photo's and or articles Restomod cars, IMHO the MCA has always been a restore rather then restro group also a good old boys network from a specific part of country. Its starting to get to me, yea I know we heard there would be changes and thankfully Laurie is at forefront.

We had that big conterviousy here on letter from Tony etc but does he ever check in anymore? sure haven't noticed it. Oh yea before I get scolded and asked yes I am a member and no I don't want to speak to someone specifially like it seems the MCA likes it done.

What I want to do is get some sort of ground swell going about the fact that dammit theres more restomod cars being done today than those beautiful concours restorations which IMHO the MCA totally leins to.

Just looking for feedback, I may be having bad day or something but can't we all be repersented by MCA and Mustang Times, would that be asking too much?

Mark

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ditto. I like the Concours, but hell, I bought mine to DRIVE. I would luv to see at least one resto-mod. MCA# 51647

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Restomod? Who in MCA would have a restomod Mustang?

http://tucsonpony.com/tengine6.jpg

I would!

I think it's time for a poll, let me set it up.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I'm sure glad I don't have to change those spark plugs! LOL

It would be nice to see restomods in the MCA, other than Laurie's of course. Taking my coupe to MCA shows is kinda funny sometimes, especially the Tech inspection.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Although my BOSS is restored "correct", I really enjoy the restomod cars. If I ever get the chance to do a resto fastback I would. I see no problem with taking a plane fastback (Non BOSS, MACH, Shelby) and going to town on it. I think some of the restos are the nicest cars out there. All the looks of an old Stang with all the new goodies. They should be featured also in Mustang Times because they are the Mustangs of Current Times.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sorry, guys, but I disagree. There is an overabundance of restomod materials in the newstand rags each month. I agree MCA should represent us all, but it is good to have a source for original Mustangs. Not all cars kept original are concours only. I'm keeping the '70 Mach original and my '83 is to drive and mess with. Just my opinion.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts