Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in July of this year my grandmother gave me her 66 Mustang. It was bought brand new as her 25th anniversary present. It had sat in her garage in ballard for as long as I've been alive. I would guess maybe 500 miles have been put on it in those 33 years. It has taken me 4 months and many carb rebuilds to finally figure out the gas tank was shot.

Pro tip from the newb, start any restoration with a new tank.

Now on to a pic and vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsMKUBJrTbI Doesn't sound half bad for a 6'er. New suspension is going in this week. Done a lot of lurking/learning from this forum and have been nothing but pleased. Hope to meet some of you over this summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Back in July of this year my grandmother gave me her 66 Mustang. It was bought brand new as her 25th anniversary present. It had sat in her garage in ballard for as long as I've been alive. I would guess maybe 500 miles have been put on it in those 33 years. It has taken me 4 months and many carb rebuilds to finally figure out the gas tank was shot.

Pro tip from the newb, start any restoration with a new tank.

Now on to a pic and vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsMKUBJrTbI Doesn't sound half bad for a 6'er. New suspension is going in this week. Done a lot of lurking/learning from this forum and have been nothing but pleased. Hope to meet some of you over this summer.
Welcome, Wow, very nice car, all original? Looks to be in very good shape.
I'm from the NW also, 40 miles SW of Portland.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is all original, or at least so I have been told. The paint needs to be re-done and am looking to forward to seeing all the bondo/repair work my dad and his brothers have done without her knowing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
And we're supposed to know where Mill Creek is?
I just happened to know where Ballard is as it is a Seattle, WA. suburb.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ah, good point. Mill Creek is about 25 miles north of Seattle.
OK, that's a help. There at least 2 Mill Creeks in OR. and, I think, a couple in WA. I was born & raised in Seattle but moved South in 1975.

Didn't know there was a Mill Creek that close to Seattle.....God knows how many creeks named mill. Kinda like Salmon Creek. Prolly 50 of em' or up & down the West Coast, but just one close to Vancouver, WA.....not to be confused with Vancouver, BC.:shrug:

Welcome anyhow.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Howdy. I'm in nearby Lynnwood WA. In the nicer months, there is a cruise night on Fridays at the Grocery Outlet on 196th and 44th. I don't go very often but try to catch other Mustang folks there. I'm still trying to find leads on the good local shops, exhaust, body, etc

·
Registered
856 Posts
Mill Creek isn't far at all :). Local forums are kinda sparse these days...there's Wicked Stangs (mostly late models) and OurStangs.com - which I'm a member (HighOctane). As far as good shops, there are several in the general Seattle area. For general stuff, we go to Bill's Custom Auto and Truck in Marysville. For more performance-geared work it's Brad's Custom Auto in Shoreline/Seattle. Exhaust is Randy's Custom Exhaust in Marysville.

Our oldsters are currently hibernating, but maybe we'll see you in the spring!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Since we're talking up our local shops......
There is an interesting buiding just up the street a piece.
It contains an alignment/suspension/brake shop.
A general garage.
A muffler shop.....he also does general welding.

That is a good place to go as the parking lot is usually full of vintage iron....when the weather is decent

Carl's Alignment & Brake ....ph# (360) 694 6025

The addy is 4209 NE St Johns Rd. Vancouver, WA

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, I know this is am old thread, but I gotta say, "wow!" to Phil.
I followed your link to view your 65, and she is a beauty! Holy smokes! Kudos to you sir!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts