Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got a 67 Stang over the weekend. Traded an 88 GTA Trans Am for it. I belonged to thirdgen.org a site similiar to this and they were quite informative and valuable resource, I am hoping to get the same from VMF. The car as stated is a 67 with some minor body issues at passenger side quarter panel. Bondo was started but needs to be cleaned up and smoothed out. Other than that body is pretty straight, California car from San Jose factory. I live in Oakland. 67 has some issues first to be addressed is a suspension rebuild, rear leafs, all new bushings, probably front springs as well. The only gauge currently working is the speedometer and temp gauge. Gas and tach need to be looked into. Engine is a 302 I believe out of a mid seventies Bronco is what I was told but he wasn't sure. REplaced alternator and the casting for 76 302 bronco matched, but I imagine quite a few 302 models would work. Also has Automatic now with original clutch pedal still in car. Not sure what tranny yet, someday will go back to a manual. Alot of other small issues, hood could use slight alignment, doors I think could use new pins and bushings, etc.etc. So as you see I will be having a million questions on all these issues. Suspension and gas gauge are my first concerns (did I mention this is my semi-daily driver during its project years). Also anyone on this board in the California bay area?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Let me be the first to suggest you fill in your profile. That way in the future you will not need to repeat all the car details.
;)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome to the board. You'll find alot of helpful information here and a great bunch of people.

·
7,025 Posts
Welcome. As a fellow former Trans Am owner, I think you'll find most of these VMFers are quick to forgive. Sounds like an interesting '67 you have there. A PO (previous owner) put in an automatic...but didn't bother to take the clutch out. ::

Well, if you put a manual back in...he will have saved you a bunch of time and money so that's cool. If you're not hung up on originality, you may find a T5 the way to go. Overdrive is a VERY nice thing to have in a driver.

Again...good to have you aboard.

Phil

·
Registered
938 Posts
Welcome from us folks in Texas. Hoped all was well when you looked at the frame rails and floor pans..shuld be if car came from Ca.You might to want get a jump on another famous Mustang rust problem..pour some water in to the vent in front of the windsheild and see any shows up inside the car. Don't panick..we'll tell you how to fix it and anything else you want to do to the car. If it has been thought of it's been tried by somebody on the this group, rest assured of that..67..great year for Mustangs!!!
Maybe post the code numbers you find on the drivers side door..we'll ddecodde them for you and tell you what you got
Any more about the car? Such as options???

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Welcome aboard! New VMF'rs galore! Hi neighbor. I live right across the bay from you. I lived in San Leandro for a while. This site is VERY informative...both on and off topic LOL. You'll find we're a friendly sort, and if you do a search on various topics, it has most likely been discussed before! Post lots and have fun.

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to VMF, I think that you will really like this site. I have asked questions and have gotten good answers every time. There is also a very good search engine at this site from were I have found many other answers. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome! I'm right through the tunnel in Lafayette and I also have a 67 project car. This is a great place. Every time I have posted a question, I've gotten a knowledgeable answer very quickly. Have fun with your new project!

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,498 Posts
Welcome. There are quite a few of us here in the Bay Area. Last year we had something like 22 Mustangs get together for a cruise through the hills on the Peninsula. Maybe next time, the East Bay...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts