Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a 64 1/2 mustang coupe. It was a birthday gift from my husband. We are going to restore it. My mustang is currently white with red interior, but the title indicates it was yellow. From everything I've seen so far they did not make a yellow 64 or 65 mustang. I did come across a picture of a 65 mustang and looks like mine; it was white but was described as being Springtime Yellow. Is this correct? Is mine Springtime Yellow? Would it hurt the value to repaint it blue and change the interior to blue/white? What colors are valid for this year of a car?

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
First and formost, welcome to the madness. You will have many hours of fun and enjoyment working on your new toy.

Are you restoring for resale? If not, then what do you care about hurting the value for? Unless you got it for almost nothing and can do every little bit of work on it yourself you will never make any money selling it.

That said, do as my signature tag line indicates and enjoy your car.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi Newbie....Welcome to the Forum, and congrads on the birthday present. Wish someone would buy me a Mustang for my birthday.....
My '70 Fastback is springtime yellow. That was the original color. When you take pictures of it in the sun, it looks like it is white. That may be the case with the car you saw.
Like Kent said, it is your car, paint it any color you like....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
In the '64.5 models, there were actually two yellows available: Sunlight Yellow (color code V on your door's warranty plate) and Phoenician Yellow (color code 8). Springtime Yellow was dropped at the beginning of the '65 model run (August, 1964), and Springtime Yellow replaced Phoenician as color code 8 around March of 1965.

The available colors for the '64.5 models are:

Raven Black, color code A
Pagoda Green*, code B
Pace Car White*, code C
Dynasty Green, code D
Guardsman Blue*, code F
Caspian Blue, code H
Champagne Beige, code I
Rangoon Red, code J
Silversmoke Grey, code K
Wimbledeon White, code M
Tropical Turquoise, code O
Prairie Bronze, code P
Cascade Green*, code S
Sunlight Yellow*, code V
Vintage Burgundy, code X
Skylight Blue*, code Y
Chantilly Beige*, code Z
Poppy Red, code 3
Phoenician Yellow, code 8

* - '64.5 color only; discontinued with '65 models

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ooops, it should read that Sunlight Yellow was dropped at the beginning of the '65 model year (August 1964), and Springtime Yellow replaced Phoenician Yellow as color code 8 around March of 1965.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts