Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i inherited dads old 67 mustang gt convertible, finishing his restore from 14 years ago, it has the 289 A code, and 4 speed, but i do not have the flywhell or clutch parts, is there any replacements that can be used, would like to use the toploader tranny, any help would be greatly apreciated

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
sounds like you need to change that frown into a smile and a jump :D for joy :D...inherited a GT vert...sounds like you found a pot of Gold. :: You should definately feel very lucky. Good of your Dad to keep it in the family. Mustangplus and or national part depot should have what your looking for.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i have a grin from ear to ear, i should of restated, i have an 83 gt 302 4 barrell with 45000 miles on it, i would like to use this motor and the toploader 4 speed, temporarily, on a budget right now so i cannot rebuild the original motor at this time, it had 295,000 on it when he pulled it to start the project

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Congrats on the 'vert, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
just remeber one thing. Match the fly wheel to the motor.
That motor may be internally balanced. Somebody help me out here....56 ounce verse 28 ounce. Sorry my brain has been fried this week.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks blistic, i do have the flywheel for the motor i want to put in, it is i bleive 10 inch and 157 teeth, and i beleive the orignal one was 157 also, but i do not know the weight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts