Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back after waiting 4 months while it was at the bodyshop!!
Now its finally done, and just waiting for spring to come by..i went with a very deep mercedes black color, new chrome, new windows etc...

I was thinking about upgrading the drum brakes to disc brakes, how many people have done this/recommend this, and which brand/kit would you recommend?

Ill get more pics when the weather gets better soon hopefully...:pirate:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Very nice looking ride you got there!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looking good man. As for your question, I just upgraded my manual drums to power disc, and i went with the kit from csrp. I'm very happy with it, it's amazing how much better the car brakes now, and you can't beat their price. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
The CSRP kit is GREAT for function and price. I don't think there's any need to jump up to the Summit Kit, looks identical to CSRP. I think you would still need a master cylinder and prop valve too with Summit. If you have that kind of budget, there are modern designed, American made disc brakes started about 900-1000. PM me if you want a couple options on those. I just picked up a Baer SS4 system.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Great looking car! (I'm just a little biased though! Ha!) I did the SSBC power front disc conversion and love it! kinda pricy though, but generally you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Check with MustangSteve for your disc brake conversion. He will have the stuff you need and tech advice. His kits are for use with 94-04 Ford Mustang Cobra brakes, which you can get from salvage yards and save money.

mustangsteve.com

·
Registered
108 Posts
WOW !! looks great !! I'm waiting on mine been in the shop since November getting some minor body work done an a professional paint job !! The one on it when I bought it looked like they just taped it off and painted you could see everything under the paint. I can't wait to get it back !!

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Just got my car back after waiting 4 months while it was at the bodyshop!!
Now its finally done, and just waiting for spring to come by..i went with a very deep mercedes black color, new chrome, new windows etc...

I was thinking about upgrading the drum brakes to disc brakes, how many people have done this/recommend this, and which brand/kit would you recommend?

Ill get more pics when the weather gets better soon hopefully...:pirate:
Nice ride-----------

Your Mustang will accept, Bolt on the Factory 65 66 Mustang Disc brakes as all the Disc Brakes received in 65 66 67.

The V8 Spindles were all the same, V8-Disc, or DRum.

So install the K/H style 4 Piston per caliper Disc Brakes Cruise. Stay away from the Granada.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks sweet...and I am thinking we will someday convert from drum to disc too.. I am gaining some good info off this post .. and larger pics would be nice.. your car is sweet..

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Sweet 66 Man! The Cragars look great with the black.

I would go with front disc brakes. I would probably choose the factory K/H type or look at discbrakeswap.com.

That said, I have Granada brakes on mine and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sweet 66 Man! The Cragars look great with the black.

I would go with front disc brakes. I would probably choose the factory K/H type or look at discbrakeswap.com.

That said, I have Granada brakes on mine and am very happy with them.
That is something also I have been wondering if you could just do the fronts and leave the rear drums.. Hmmmmm sounds like an option also to think about.. So many hot looking cars I see on here.. cannot wait to get ours into the body and paint shop in a month or so.. want to have it ready by spring for cruising.. WOOT!....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone!! And good to know this is helping more people than just me.. :)

With whichever break fitment i go with, would i have trouble with my wheel spacings? Since my wheels backspacing arent really upto recommended spec..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts