Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put some new, cleaner pics of my guages on my web page. I have also added some current status pic. Damageln you will want to take a good look at the 3rd or 4th pic down and rethink that 'what if I just primer it and drive it around' thought from the other day. :)

web.tampabay.rr.com/72mach1

G

·
0 Posts
I like the white face gauges also. Did you have to do alot of modifying to make them fit? Also, I was just curious why you didn't just go with a full quarterskin instead of the patch panels? Ryan

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I was one of the first people to try that big of a change to a 71 - 73 cluster in this group, so there was a lot of experimentation the first time around. If I were to do it again, there are very few modifications, but a lot of new wires. I am going to try to post some instructions on my web site soon. As far as the patch panels, the project evolved. Do to some creative bodywork by the PO, I never planed to go that high into the wheel well. But once I started cutting back the rear corner, it became clear the outer wheel well would need some work and that could not be done with the fender flare on. I had already purchased the rear quarter, so I just bought the other piece. The two pieces are more manageable, and I am going at this alone so it lets me break the project into smaller pieces.
JH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts