Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I came on line this morning (7.00am Aus time) there were new reply back as far as 26 pages.
Who wants to search back that far?
But I suppose that would mean The first new post would be back a fair way as well . IS that how it works?
I still prefer new to the top.
Some body said something about bookmarking ,how do I do that.

Remember cream rises to the top--------but so does the scum LOL

If at first you don't succeed , find a bigger hammer

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
If you ever want to bookmark a page just hit CTRL-D and then you can find the page in your favorites folder in your toolbar. BTW, it might help if you change your browser settings to allow more threads per page.

See my 69 convertible and the VMF parking lot at: http://www.geocities.com/Bishir1/FrontPage.html

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Agreed, also, you can, at the first "Main Index" window, get posts for the last 24, 48 or 72 hours I think... which would limit how far back you went.

Also, with the "new posts" tag on the side, it's just a matter of loading a page (i have mine set to 40 i think), finding what's new, then moving to the next one. You can avoid them a lot easier... and the biggest thing I like thus far. It maintains the account (and read message) information on this server, not my machine's cache... I had about 3 machines at work I'd view VMF from. Every time my new messages counter would be off... Checked stuff today from 3 diff machines, always kept track of it.

Rich
----
'66, 302-4bbl, Granada disk brakes, etc, etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts