Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Nothing to address here. We are using the standard Shelby drop spec. and our regular length coilover UCA's. Geometry works great, tires tell me so :cool:
Interesting. I'd think the lowered upper ball joint position would negate the Shelby drop.

·
Vendor
1966 coupe and 1970 sportsroof
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Interesting. I'd think the lowered upper ball joint position would negate the Shelby drop.
Without running the simulation I'd WAG the Shelby drop still helps the camber gain as evidenced by much more even tire wear.

·
Registered
846 Posts
That is at -3 degrees camber as you stated earlier.

What is tire wear at Shelby specs?

Or do you have new alignment specs for these spindles?

·
Vendor
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
That is at -3 degrees camber as you stated earlier.

What is tire wear at Shelby specs?
We don't use the Shelby specs with radial tires. Those #'s from the 60's were for bias ply tires.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Do you have different alignment specs for these spindles?

·
Vendor
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Do you have different alignment specs for these spindles?
From our testing we'd suggest the same alignment specs for these drop spindles and regular height spindles with our suspension.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Now I’m confused.. for both @Shaun and @rpm

My understanding is that this new drop spindle moves the pin up 2in, but the overall height of the spindle, from upper ball joint to lower ball joint, is still the same?

I understand that the steering arm was modified.

Just more of a question.

Ok thanks.

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
20210705_103318.jpg

Now I’m confused.. for both @Shaun and @rpm

My understanding is that this new drop spindle moves the pin up 2in, but the overall height of the spindle, from upper ball joint to lower ball joint, is still the same?

I understand that the steering arm was modified.

Just more of a question.

Ok thanks.

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
41 - 50 of 50 Posts