Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 7-8 months I've been chasing two of my co-workers mustangs. I graduated two years ago and moved 8 hours away for work, little did I know I would be working with someone who had not one but three fastbacks. A rumor started a year ago that he was considering down sizing due to to age. Anyways as of yesterday I've added two more mustangs to my collection. They will be my first two fastbacks as well. They are both "projects" but way better than I'm used to. The last restoration started as a painted shell... turned out nice but very costly.

One is a 1966 A code GT 4 speed, factory air, deluxe interior, 8 track player, warning light, rally pack, 3:1 limited slip...
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

The other is a 1967 390 GT 4 speed with PS, PB, A/C, deluxe interior, tilt wheel, courtesy lights, 8 track, 3.25 limited slip...

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

More pictures to come as I will be taking ownership in two weeks. I'm still learning about all of the 67 features, typically I stick to 65/66 cars as that's what I prefer. Its nice to work on something a bit different.

The red car in the last picture is his first car. One owner 1968 302 3 speed.

I'm sure ill be asking questions and getting advice from many of you to help me keep these cars on the road. I'm 23 so I've got a lot to learn. At this point the next project is a garage/shop... maybe five 60's mustangs is enough, but why not 6?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow, congrats on the additions!

Reactions: BrianBodzenta

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Congrats , but I don`t see any "projects" there. Looking pretty complete so far.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wow, Impressive, and congrats! 23 and graduated 2 years ago... how the hell have you managed to get 2 FB!!!? lol
I obviously went to school for the wrong degree!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Wow, Impressive, and congrats! 23 and graduated 2 years ago... how the hell have you managed to get 2 FB!!!? lol
I obviously went to school for the wrong degree!
I know, lol. It is so hard for me not to go on a “I hope you are saving for your future/retirement” rant!

Both look awesome. I love Springtime Yellow on a fastback.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats , but I don`t see any "projects" there. Looking pretty complete so far.
Ya they are pretty complete cars with almost if not all of their original equipment. The only really missing piece that I know about are the OEM carbs.

These cars will still take quite a bit of money and time to get them where I want them.

In my mind all 60’s mustangs are projects that’s one thing I like about them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My Mechanical Engineering degree has treated me well so far. I also don’t spend any money outside of this hobby besides the essentials.
That's awesome man, and GOOD ON YA!
Yeah my Crim. J. degree and the Army are never going to make me a 2FB owner...HAHAHA
Enjoy what ya like !!
Hope to see your progress as you go through them, esp. on the '67

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's awesome man, and GOOD ON YA!
Yeah my Crim. J. degree and the Army are never going to make me a 2FB owner...HAHAHA
Enjoy what ya like !!
Hope to see your progress as you go through them, esp. on the '67
The 67 will be the “long term” project I’m afraid. Simply due to amount systems to go through and the learning process involved. Ive still got three other mustangs to maintain as well so there’s always something going on.

I do want to make a build thread this time. I should have made one for the last mustang but I got caught up in the restoration and I didn’t take the time to document anything with pictures.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another thing I forgot to mention is that my coworker wants to fix up the red 1968 fastback. Ive agreed to help with this process as well. Will the two new additions, fixing up his car, and maintaining the three coupes I already have should keep me busy for awhile.

Working on other peoples cars seems to be a smother process. Additionally I can experience all of the fun without spending any money. I call that a win.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Great looking Mustangs you are getting. Also nice to see a young ambitious guy into Mustangs. Enjoy the ride!

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
70 Mach 1 Drag Pack (W code)
52 Posts
Ive got a game plan for retirement but in the mean time restoring/collecting mustangs makes me happy.
Collectible cars can be a nice usable addition to a retirement fund.
Last time I checked, you couldn't drive your 401K around :cool:
Less volatile than stocks and no capital gains tax when you sell them....at least not yet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts