Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Simpson racing shoes today! Totally fixed the heel of my 13B New Balance shoes that were getting wedged between the carpet and vinyl floor mat! Smooth edges all around should help my Bozo feet with limited feeling from getting caught on things during runs. The laces are a mile too long but I think I still have some small heat shrink tubing that can fix that.

Sadly not made in the USA like my New Balance shoes.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cool!

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And here I thought I was going to see some new tires on your car.
At $700 twice a season for those shoes I'll briefly enjoy these at a buck ten!

Reactions: LeeFred

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got some matching new gloves?
Your right I need some gloves, I already have some vintage Ray Ban's! Then I think an ascot to finish off the "look".

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Your right I need some gloves, I already have some vintage Ray Ban's! Then I think an ascot to finish off the "look".
A scarf perhaps?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,255 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's so what I was thinking.
Realizing i'm getting close to the cords on my current set of Bridgestone 245/40/17 RE 71's I went to the Tire Rack website to find out what the damage was going to be this time around given the current rate of inflation. No longer available in my size with all other sizes on closeout? I guess I'll be racing on their test track this summer with tires form another vendor? It's ben a few years since I've gotten exited about a new set of shoes when it comes to tires. It is the major expense of autocross.

Reactions: Israel

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since this is what you all are expecting the new shoes for the car showed up today from Tire Rack after waiting a month for delivery. Falken RT660's with a 5020 date code so they are fresh! They seem to be 9"+ on width compared to the 8.6 on the old RE71's, so a little more sledge hammer action on the rear seat area at the front of the rear inner fender well that is sill rubbing after much attention. I will be autocrossing at the Tire Rack test track this Sunday with the old RE 71's and there will be as much drifting around the skid pad as I can get away with without being disciplined too much.;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Very cool! Good luck and be safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts