Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A vendor told me that he is no longer selling the repro deluxe wheel, because they have a durability issue. Evidently, the "wood" part is separating from the steel core when exposed to heat/cold. I was planning to buy one this weekend, but now I'm hesitant. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I have heard this from several owners now, and a couple of dealers (including Ponderosa Matt, who may the vendor to whome you are referring). Considing that the repro's are selling for nearly the same price as an original, I ended up just getting a used wheel.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I bought one from NPD. They were imported by Dynacorn. It looked very good, but was dimensionally incorrect, so the horn had a real problem. I returned it for full credit. The local dealer, Mustang Auto also returned the one(s) he had. Check Dynacorn's website. Last time I looked, they were showing a negative stock. I hope they solve the problem as it was a good looking repro. I wouldn't buy one now unless it is a new second generation that I am not aware of. Also, maybe talk to NPD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts