Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back-Trac Security System© was developed by classic car enthusiast FOR classic car enthusiast!

Main Purpose
Is to stop thieves dead in their tracks. One thing a thief doesn't want to do, is spend more time than they have to trying to get your car started and gone! This system will kill power to the ignition and shut down the fuel system, all at the press of a remote, and the way we have it set up, it will be impossible to get around. We've also taken all the steps to make it as easy as possible for anyone to install. Each security system is pre-wired to where you have just 5 wires to hook-up, making it a simple process. This will work with any 12 volt system, and will work in conjunction with most other alarm systems.

FEATURES:
Two 4-button extended range transmitters with dedicated buttons for lock, unlock, trunk release, and panic • On-board relays for door locks, and flashing parking lights • LED status indicator • Valet/override switch • Passenger unlock output • Trunk release output • Starter defeat output • Horn honk output • Dome light output • Programmable ignition controlled door locks • Programmable double unlock pulse • Programmable chirp delete • Programmable extended pulse door lock output • Programmable passive starter defeat.

OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES:
Window roll-up module • Trunk release kit • Electric Door Lock kit

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL76/711583/1216381/30334950.jpg

How this system came to be:
About a year a go, I had used my 67 Convertible to take the wife to a movie. During the movie I couldn't keep my mind off the 4 guys that were standing out at the corner of the theatre's parking lot looking kind of suspicious. Even though security was cruising the lot, I kept going out and checking up on the car throughout the movie. This didn't go over well with the wife, and I missed half of the movie. ::

The next day I started looking for a system I could install in the convertible, that would give me a little more piece of mind when I took the car out for a spin. I found a lot of stuff on the market, but didn't really see anything geared toward our classics, and most everything was just "bells & whistles", to scare a thief off, but not much to keep them from taking it. (move forward 5 months)

I started working for the Mustang Ranch in Fresno last December, and decided to use my newly found resources to develop an exceptional security system that is geared toward our beloved classics, and would be very difficult if not impossible to override, or bypass. 7 months later we came up with this;

Back Trac Security System© which far exceeded our expectations.

I have this same set up on my cars, so no more missing any movies!! ;)

Sale Price $129.95 (Reg. $149.95)
** (good through 08/03/2003)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
What features will work if I do not have power windows, locks, and a remote trunk release?

If I understand correctly only the kill switch and fuel cutoff will work.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of them! Most alarm systems when triggered, makes a loud noise, and some of the higher dollar ones might kill the starter or ignition. The way most of those systems are setup, you can bypass and jump start if you know what your doing! The system we developed is so abnormal as to how it works compared to everything else on the market, they can cut wires and jump here and there, to get the car started, and if by some freak of nature they do get by one of the sytems, they still have the other to contend with as these are not controlled by the same setup. or in the same manner.

Remember, this is a security system, which we set up with emphasis on security. the othe options is added bonuses that will give you an extra edge if you wanted to convert over to power door locks, trunk, windows, etc. making it expandable to your needs or wants.

I have the kits to convert your car over to power door locks & power trunk release that work with this system, I do not sell everything together as a package, because not everyone wants all of the optional features.

This system can be set up to flash your lights, work with your horn, it can turn your interior lights on when you trigger the system off so you can see inside the car prior to opening the doors which all is built into the brain of the computer, and is part of the system. Only the door locks and trunk release is optional at an additional price, unless you already have these features on your car, then you can tie into them for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts