Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Ricer would think Im nuts, but Ive actually got my Stang RAISED last week!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Yes, thats right, I didnt get it lowered, but raised! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

The front end was ridiculously low, and it wasnt very streetable with the power steering hose as well as the PS bracket (I have Tri Y headers) being just a few inches above the ground.
So Ive bought the blue 1" lowering coil springs from Mustangs Unlimited, and got them installed.

Well, the car looks way better IMO, and it is way more streetable as ground clearance is higher (of course).
It rides a bit stiffer as well, which is good, as certain bumps in the street arent as worse as theyve used to be. After all its another improvement to my Stang! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Yeah.

I wish I had measured before and after, but I didnt. So I can only estimate that the new springs raised the car like 2 to 3".

For those of you interested in pictures, please check this URL :

http://home.t-online.de/home/03920121601/springs.html

Regards,
Nick

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Dude that was low, it was slammed.

Either your old spring are completely and totally worn out, or someone cut them way more than needed.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kent, I thought the same. It looks way better now.
I dont really like the original Mustang look (front higher than rear-basically like a ship),
but my old setup was way too low for my taste as well. Im quite satisfied with it now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Im not sure about the old springs. I havent really checked them properly, yet.
But I think they have been cut. If they were just tired, they wouldnt have been that low! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Heres a nice shot :

http://home.t-online.de/home/03920121601/1side%20view.JPG

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nick, I think both.
But if they were just worn, it wouldnt have been as low as it was. So Im positive that they were cut.
The funniest thing about it though, is that I was actually able to drive/steer it with this setup! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
I couldnt really detect any (obvious) problems! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Nick

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
I think that you will find that the original stance was level, but due to the lines of the car, it looked like the back was lower:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/mlublink/fm/ad2.jpg

I do like the slightly raked look better though, which yours now has in spades.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Umm yeah, I guess you are right.

I think Im not far from that original look now, but that was to expect with the 1" lowering springs.
And I cant complain now, as this what was I was after! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Maybe my car will get slightly lower again, in case that I decide to improve the front suspension with the usual mods. We`ll see! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Nick

·
Registered
628 Posts
Your stance looks WAY better now. It was to low before.

Maybe it's the picture but those wheels look so small to me, like 12"!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like most of you agree with me on the new look! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I know, the Cragar wheels are kind of nice, but I want to upgrade to some nice TT2s as soon as I can afford them. 15 or 16" would be VERY cool!
The recent Cragars are 14". (I think-I cant really recall right now /forums/images/icons/frown.gif )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts