Vintage Mustang Forums banner

New stainless steel brake line - Front passenger side

502 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gkoyle 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone else had a problem with the passenger side Stainless steel brake line being to short and having the incorrect bend at the soft line connection? The line that I have wont reach the soft brake line fitting location and it is also angled the wrong direction. This is on a 65 fastback. It also doesn't hug the inner side of engine bay as well as I would have liked? Thoughts? It's like the line is at least an inch too short.

See less See more
#2 ·
As with most aftermarket stuff you'll likely need to modify it, I'd say bend it a bit in the spring area to get more length. If that is not enough than get a dremel and modify the brake line harness in your last picture to allow it to move up closer to the solid line. Modify the harness the way the doors on a car are aligned by ovaling out the hole. Don't move it more than an inch tho.

#4 ·
Just replaced all my brake lines on my 65 coupe with carbon steel. That last photo looks like an incorrect bend. But I had to do a lot of tweaking to that right front brake line, more than any other line. I feel for you having bought stainless steel though. I had a hell of a time getting a new stainless steel fuel line in. Glad I went with carbon steel brake lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.