Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess it could be prettier, but for the price I figured what the heck :)! Since my mach will take several months to complete, I bought a daily driver for the interim. Its a 1987 LX I managed to haggle the owner down to $250 CDN! I'm counting it as a $500 car because there are some rot issues, so we're heading down to the local wreckers to get some fenders, trunk lid and passenger door. Mechanically its in awesome shape, just a little 2.3L motor ... but I figured that would just help me get the real stang done that much quicker anyhow :).

The car is actually in very good shape all round, newer brakes and shocks, good rubber, interior is a bit faded but no rips or excessive wear .... So I figure not a bad car for the winter when the mach is done either!

+--------------------+
1969 Mach 1 ( M-Code)
+--------------------+

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for sure! i wonder whats involved with a 5.0 conversion for a same year mustang? (i.e. putting an 87-89 302 in a 87-89 2.3L body) ... is there any difference in the chassis or just get a new drivetrain and away you go?

sigh ... well it'll have to wait, the mach comes first <G>

------------------------------
1969 Mach 1 ( M-Code )
1987 Mustang LX

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Pretty much a switch-a-roo. A lot of 5.0 guys look for 4 cyl cars because the unibody hasn't been thrashed from drag strip stress. A couple of years ago, Muscle Mustang did such a swap. The donor car, the unibody hand a lot of stress fracture from drag duty and wasn't fit for even driving on the roads. Check their archives fot " Project White Trash ". As I remember, the only hitch was the locations for the clutch and speedo cables were reversed, don't forget the fuel lines too. Get the Whole car if you can. I have all the back issues.

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts