Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about all the people who complain about the CustomAutoSound USA66 radio. They must all be audiophobes saying "not enough power, etc".
I got one & just installed it this morning & it blew my old stereo away.And it is PLENTY loud for me. Plus it looks just like the original radio from 1965.I'm happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of problems has anyone had?

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Do a search on here for customautosound and you will have several comments from those that have tried them.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,405 Posts
That's the main complaint I've heard. They have a short lifespan.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a search on the forum & it seems like most complaints were from late 2007. I am hoping that they got the problems with the units taken care of since then.
They do have a 2 year parts warranty & a 1 year labor warranty now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, the warranty info is true, but when mine blew up on install, they wanted a statement from a professional installer before they honored the warranty. I did have it installed with the CD by a pro, but seemed like they would have balked if I INSTALLED IT MYSELF. Main complaint, in general, was the units getting fried immediately, or within a short period of time.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Are we talking about the replica of the original 1965-66 AM/FM radio?-the one that LOOKS just like the original? and NOT the ones with the cassette deck?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6hypoconv said:
Are we talking about the replica of the original 1965-66 AM/FM radio?-the one that LOOKS just like the original? and NOT the ones with the cassette deck?
Yes, the USA66 is the one that looks like the original. NOT the USA-1 or the USA6.
No cassette deck, AM/FM manual tuning, no preset buttons. The first button is a mode switch and the other 4 only control the optional 10 CD chaner.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
yes, i have also heard everybody say that the USA custom sound is not good and was recommended not to buy 1.but now i have heard that the retrosound model one that looks just like the USA is really good ? but its about 100 bucks more witch does bother me..i just can not deside between the retrosound and a cd player! so i have not bought anything yet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts