Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't had a chance to try it yet, I'm still rapping up the rear
setup. The rotors are from SSBC they are about 11 3/8 inch.
by .780 the part number on them is BRC 502 00221T2P
don't know if that will help or not?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I know you will get every cent out of that purchase./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Looks like you've got some work to do. Get out on the track and get to work!!!!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
400 Posts
Bill,
Really nice set-up. Similar to what I am working towards, but I bought the TCP UCA/LCA and strut rods.
I have a question on your brake set-up. Do you have the SSBC 'Super Duty' braking system? I also bought a set of 70 drum spindles, but in the NPD catalog they don't carry the super duty set-up for 70 drum conversions. Did you go right through SSBC? I checked their online catalog and didn't see this setup either. (Also, the price in the latest NPD catalog is $1148. I can get a Baer system for close to that!)

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The SSBC kit is called the HD 12" kit, not sure if they have it
anymore. It was on my 66' spindles and I transfered it over.
Just get the one kit for your year. If I had it to do over, I would have got the baer kit... I'm not to happy with the
SSBC cust servise. The 65-66 spindles are the same as the 70 spindles for mounting the kits.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Like those rotors /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Here's what SSBC Kits look like when you order 'em from M-Plus.....I got these two months ago, and a few people have commented on the rotors.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/images/65MUS056.jpg

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Billgear,

Thanks. This rotor may work in my Lincoln caliper upgrade project. The LTD rotor is 11.4764 in diameter and requires a separate hub. This is an integral hub rotor looks just like the 65/66 so it's a little more stealth.

Looks like I'll have to start machining new caliper brackets. By chance do you have any pictures of the caliper mounting brackets SSBC used to mount the PBR calipers? Where they a casting or mached?

Thanks, Bob.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob,

I don't have any pics, It looks like a cast unit (parting marks)
If you still need them I'll get a shot next time I do the brakes, shouldn't be to long....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts