Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;

I now have tail lights with one segment that Amber and two that are Red. I have had enough request from Europe and Australia to finally build some.

These are non sequential.

You can get the lenses from most of the mustang parts suppliers such as NPD.

Lenses
64-66
https://www.npdlink.com/product/lens-rear-light-repro-has-amber-outer-13/196787?backurl=search/products?search_terms=tail%2Blight%2Blens&top_parent=200001&year=1966&year=1966

67-68
https://www.npdlink.com/product/lens-tail-light-repro-has-amber-outer-13/196788?backurl=search/products?search_terms=tail%2Blight%2Blens&top_parent=200001&year=1967&year=1967

They are $195 a set.

Thanks
Gary

www.vintageleds.com

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Gary, I wanna thank you for the custom LED indicator/reverse lights you built for me. Anyone interested in LED lighting ... Speak to Gary ... the Best available IMHO

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
So dumb question here, I trust only the amber illuminate when turn signal turned on? Seems odd that people would have to retrofit given original tail lights were one lamp, all or nothing.

·
Registered
562 Posts
In Oz as well has a lot of other places, there is a legal requirement for orange turn signals. Up until recently, the best way to do that was by changing the reverse light to be the indicator with an orange lens. Stuff like this gets the turn signal up at the original height.
I've noticed recently while I'm driving in the States, that there are more cars with orange indicators now, than there used to be.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So dumb question here, I trust only the amber illuminate when turn signal turned on? Seems odd that people would have to retrofit given original tail lights were one lamp, all or nothing.
The amber leds are on their own circuit. Brake and park lights still operate the same.

One will need to modify the wiring to isolated the brake and turn signal functions.

Gary

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can't praise gtonavy's product enough as I have the sequentials, parking lights and reverse lights. Recently sent an email as I may be getting the DRLs he is now selling in the near future.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Haven't checked out your site in a while. Congrats on becoming the supplier for Revology cars!

I have the rear tails and parking lights. My alternator was dying on my way to hot rod power tour in 2018. It was night, power was slowly sinking, and my headlights went out (I think I was under 10V at this point). The LED parking lights (I went with white/clear lenses) was bright enough to get to a walmart to do a battery swap (all the parts stores were closed, couldn't get an alternator yet.) Those little boogers are bright and draw almost no power. With the new battery, she made it another 2 hours to our hotel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts