Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much trouble do you have trying to buy new tires for 14 inch rims? Any place I go to around town doesn't have anything in the sizes I want, so It looks like I'll have to order them off the internet, but even the internet the selection is limited.
I'd love to get some 15's or 16's but It's just not going to happen anytime soon.
Where do you guys usually shop for new tires?
I've got
195/75/R14's on the front
245/60/R14's on the rear

Looking for same size all around, but I need to make sure my front wheels are wide enough. Either 235/60's or 225/60's, which will lose me half an inch. I know narrower tires are better for mpg, but will I really notice a difference?

Any recomendations on Tires? B/F goodrich Radial T/A's are nice, but a little pricey, so I was leaning a bit towards firestone firehawk indy 500's.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Tirerack.com. Just got 4 BFG Radial T/A's 215/70/14 for $72 ea. Best price around (equalled Summit, better than local tire stores). Check their website, it will show stock availability also. These were in stock and sent the next day.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
I buy at www.discounttiredirect.com but they don't have your rear tire size. 14" is a near obsolete size so you will see fewer and fewer choices as time goes on.

John Harvey

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Tirerack.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Just an FYI ... the 245/60/14 and the 275/50/15 BF Goodrich Radial T/A's have been discontinued. Why do I know this? Because it's the size that my daughter has on the back of her '69, and the size I have on the back of my '69, respectively. We're sooooo screwed if either of us picks up a nail in the rear!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip, but I'm probably not going that route anyways. I'm loosing the skinny front, and wide back look for something a little more function for a daily driver.

thanks for the sites, ill check

1 - 6 of 6 Posts