Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just started a 65 mustang build with my son. What’s the best place to get some sheet metal? We have a lot of it that came with the car purchase but needing a few extra things.

·
Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Hello and Welcome!
First, be a good idea to add your Mustang year and your location on our planet to your signature. Who knows, there may be one of us living in your "hood"
NPD, is a good source for panels, as well as, many other Mustang parts. As a bonus, a rep (Rick) from that company is a frequent contributor and extremely helpful member.

·
Super Moderator
10,682 Posts
Welcome!

We have a Build Section for projects like yours,......I’d like to follow.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
To be truthful, none of the aftermarket metal fits like OEM. Every single sheet metal piece regardless of who I purchased it from or what brand it was I have had to modify in some way to get it to fit right...sometimes very minor modifications...sometimes more serious surgery. That being said, Dynacorn does seem to fit better than other brands at a somewhat higher price point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I’ve seen a lot from Cj pony parts. I’m in Kentucky so I know we have Kentucky mustang also, just didn’t know if they all get their metal from the same place. So far looks like I’m going to need some frame rails and parts of the firewall if not all of it.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Thanks guys. I’ve seen a lot from Cj pony parts. I’m in Kentucky so I know we have Kentucky mustang also, just didn’t know if they all get their metal from the same place. So far looks like I’m going to need some frame rails and parts of the firewall if not all of it.
Frame rails? Those dont usually rot for southern cars...the part of the firewall you need are likely what they call Floor-to-firewall front floor pan extensions(I actually have a spare one I didnt use, cant remember whether its the driver or passenger side though) but they are actually the lower angled portion of the firewall. As for Kentucky Mustang...I bought Dynacorn rear quarters from them...they have good customer service. It seems most of the part houses carry the same parts(though for some strange reason CJ Pony Parts likes to call a lot of what they have CJ classic...even if its another brand like Spectra or Goodmark when you actually get the part.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Where are you at in Kentucky? I am south of E-town. Bought quite a bit of my stuff from Kentucky Mustang, always figured they were close enough that I could address complaints in person...ha ha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m close to Ashland, Ky other side of the state. Not sure the origin of this car but it needs the front rails pretty bad. Looking at getting the complete piece with frame rail and inner fenders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts