Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off great forum. I have a 66 coupe with a 289 and a 4 speed. I am interested in putting air conditioning in her. I do live in S. Florida. Any advice would be great ie. where is a good place to get a system, cost, ease of installment. Thanks in advance.
Dan

·
Registered
762 Posts
I like the Classic Auto Air system...the firm is in Tampa..hard to get in to see them this time of year though if you want them to install it. Do it yourself should be fine.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I agree – the Classic Auto Air "Perfect Fit" System is great if you're not overly-concerned with originality. It completely replaces your original heater box, and consists of A/C, heat, and dehumidified defrost.

The complete system (including fan and shroud) runs $1100. You'll of course need to upgrade your radiator if you haven't already.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
i agree with the other posts. the perfect fit system is the best buy if your not concerned with originality. the air outlets are evenly spaced out with better air distribution. i recently purchased it for my stang and i highly recomend it. good luck

·
Registered
193 Posts
you can get the perfect fit system from classic auto air. ive seen it advertised many places, but the only one i can recall right now is mustangdepot.com . try here or do a search to find a better deal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts