Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother called me at 7:30 in the morning, yesterday. He was so excited that he could hardly spit out what was on his mind. He recently became the third owner of 7R01TXXXXXX. He knows more about the history of the car, than the car itself. It was originally Springtime Yellow, with a parchment interior. Someone has started to change the interior to black, but we will see where that goes. What really intrigued him was the front bench seat. He didn't understand why it was there, or that it was even an option in those cars. I had to tell him to hang on to that! ::I am really happy for him, as he is the fifth person to bring a CLASSIC Mustang into the family, and he has wanted one for over 18 years.

Now, the family has a 1967 Coupe, 200 ci 6-cyl, auto, a 1969 Coupe, 200 ci 6-cyl, auto, my 1971 Mach I, 351C-2V, auto (in the sig pic), my dad's 1972 Mach I, 429 ci TJ engine, 4-sp., and my younger brother's 1973 Mach I, 351C-2V, auto. Two more brothers, and hopefully, two more cars...one needs a '68, the other, a '70. We will only be missing the '64.5, the '65, and the '66! Too many cars, and not enough brothers!

Anyhow, it looks like I may be adding more to my already full plate! He asked if I would be able to help him get it home, yesterday, and if I would help him change the water pump, rebuild the carburetor, and several other things, as the car has been sitting for quite some time. The old fellow that he bought it from sold it to him for $1000, down 33% from what he was previously asking. I guess he really wanted to sell it to someone that would be extremely happy with it! In the meantime, I still have to find time to get mine back together, so I can drive it sometime in the next millenium! :: Looks like some vacation-time this winter! It seems the only time I get to work on my own cars, or family's cars, is when I take time that I should be using for myself!!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Sweet deal, wish someone else in my family was into mustangs, or any kind of car would be nice. No one seems to care what it is as long as it gets them there. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts