Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Mustang
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, right after my post about where to find a car, I found a car! Went up to New Hampshire to see it this weekend and ended up buying it. She's in really nice shape. No rust I can find, recent rebuild by the PO, who had the car since 1991 and put almost no miles on it. Last repainted original color in 1991, but the paint is in really nice shape with a few small chips here and there. Interior is very good, and everything seems to work correctly.

1967, 289 2V, 3 speed manual, pretty basic car built in San Jose, but I love it already! My son has about $50k of upgrades he wants to do, which I'll have to pare down a bit. A 60's mustang has been my dream car since I was 12 or 13, so I'm pretty psyched.

Here's the only good pic I have so far, I'll add some more when I get them.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
17 yrs and 6 posts, welcome to VMF :)

nice find

·
Registered
834 Posts
Congrats, very nice looking car. Keep us posted about the upgrades you plan to do.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
946 Posts
Congrats. What color is that? Frost Turquoise or Arcadian Blue? My 67 was originally Arcadian Blue.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Congratulations! Yes, now that you own one, your post count will climb exponentially. Fortunately there are a lot of knowledgeable people here to help us out!!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Color code is B, which should be Frost Turquoise. I'm not totally sure it matches the original 100%, but when it was sprayed it was supposed to be original according to the PO.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nice find, have fun with her!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice looking car and great color. And still plenty of summer left to get some miles put on.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Very nice! Unless there is some deferred maintenance that has to be taken care of, I'd drive it for a year. Enjoy it and resist the urge to make it a project sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Congratulations on fulfilling that dream! That’s a beautiful car, enjoy!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully she'll have plates in two weeks. The RMV is a little goofy with this whole pandemic deal. Can't wait!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts