Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to Mustangs and this forum I have a chance to buy a 65 convertible (my wife's dream car) there is no motor or tranny in it but other than that it is all there the car has been sitting in a pole barn with a concrete floor for almost 20 years from what I have been told the frame is good as well as the front shock towers and besides the motor and tranny everything else is there it was a 289 with a manual trans it does have 5 bolt wheels it does need restored but has never been altered even has the factory radio still in it my question is would I be stupid to let this car get away from me they are wanting $1500 for it I am thinking that it is a steal but just want someone to confirm that

Thanks

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
It's a ripoff at that price. Tell me where it is and I'll straighten out the seller!

Seriously, jump on it. You could part it out and get your money back at worst.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
How much experience do you have? That car has a long ways to go. If you farm out the paint/body and the drivetrain build then you are going to be way upside down in it and that is assuming you do all the assembly yourself.

If you lack experience then go buy a done car. Cheaper in the long run AND you get to enjoy it right away. Lots of project cars never get finished because people get burned out.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Buy it... if it's half as good as the seller is representing, it will be a good project. Just keep in mind, it will be a project though, and more than likely not just drop in an engine and take off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it has been a while since I have posted anything on the Mustang I bought it back in February and I just brought it home last night I have been trying to figure out how to post pictures of it and I can't can someone give me an idea on how to go about that I know everybody loves to see pictures of what someone is building

Thanks alot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Here are some pictures of the Mustang from when I picked it up yesterday and after i got it in the garage at home and put some parts back on it, then i started to take it all back apart, I also added a picture of the car I built this past winter it is a 1972 Super Beetle I did a lot of work on it in a very short time but I know the Mustang is going to be a total different kind of build

1 - 17 of 17 Posts