Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Joey I live in Nashville, TN. I've been a mustang lover from the begining. I've had several mustangs most of them late model. Just got rid of a single turbo'd 06 gt. I also have a 68 cougar

It is a 65 coupe that started life as a 6 banger most of the restoration is complete. The guy that had it before me had it painted and a bunch of new stuff bought for it. He installed a complete 5 lug swap with rear disc and all new susp. parts. he also put gt fog lights and rear gravel pan on it.

And now the fun begins... I can't stand stock so here is where the restomod starts!!!!
I've been gathering parts for the past few weeks. I've ordered parts from Summit, Mustangs unlimited, AJE racing, total control products and old air products.
OH YEA AND I CAN'T FORGET THESE GUYS......

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is what I got done this weekend

so I was pretty busy this weekend......
Started by Laying out all my new parts..

Then I started removing the old stuff

Then I decided these were a little bulky...

So get out the grinder and the torch!!!

I cut 11 gauge steel to fit the holes.

Then ground the welds down on one side still need to do the drivers side.

Pic of the other side I still need to grind it down.

Installed the new k-member

Followed by the coil-overs, a-arms and the brakes.

Also installed the power rack from a 93gt

Here it is sitting on the ground..

·
Registered
404 Posts
That's some nice fab work there.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
What did you get from Detroit Speed? That's an AJE K member.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice work there!

Why did you make all that room when all you're putting in is a little 5.0 / T5 combo?...bigger plans down the road??

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
I went with the R&C MII last year. If I had known about this set up, might have gone this way.
What's the price tag on these front setups?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I went with the R&C MII last year. If I had known about this set up, might have gone this way.
What's the price tag on these front setups?
I looked for a while before finding this set up. I knew i wanted rack and pinion steering and coil-overs. I had so many fox body Mustang parts it was a no brainer lol. It runs sn-95 spindles so brake options are almost endless. I got the front and rear setup for about 3k

You check out aje racing's Web site it all depends on what you .

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought Detroit Speed was mainly GM and some Mopar? At least, that is what I have seen of them....

randy
Detroit speed just released Their Mustang stuff a few months ago. And in Detroit speed fashion it's awesome but it comes with a price to match. The mini tubs i got from them were a good price 400 bucks and you don't have to make your own frame rail. I'll be able to run up to a 315 tire in the back

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice work, you work too fast though slow down, you're making me look bad...

Be sure to come out to the annual All Ford Show 9/29 put on by the Music City Mustang Club, they'll be plenty of mustangs to look at and get ideas....
http://www.musiccitymustangclub.org/activities/2012%20FallCarShow/Mustang%20Show%20Flyer%2033%20Annual.pdf

Maybe I'll see ya' there,
Jon

Lol thanks! I hope i can make it. The car won't be done by then but i can come slobber on other people's cars lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looking good HPR! Thanks for shedding light on the DS tub kit, I'll be ordering those this week. I converted to their front kit last year and starting the rear later this month.

Are those the Koni Dbl Adj inserts?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking good HPR! Thanks for shedding light on the DS tub kit, I'll be ordering those this week. I converted to their front kit last year and starting the rear later this month.

Are those the Koni Dbl Adj inserts?
Who's front kit?

They are single adj.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts