Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 66 coupe.
347FI/t-56 combo
TCP front Maer rear.
My progress is slow but building...
here is a few shots, any advice and comments are welcome as this is my first ford build, I want to keep the car looking stock, my paint plans are emberglow with a white top.

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc158/Dane66build/

Thanks
Dane

PS..I will sell the stock parts if anyone is interested....motor/trans has been sold.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Dan,

You've got a lot of work ahead of you....

That T-56 will force you into some tunnel modifications, but nothing that can't be solved with time and money.

Nice motor, but wrong oil pan. The double hump oil pan pictured will work nicely in a Fox body car that uses a MII front suspension, but won't work in a classic unless you convert the front suspension.

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup the mounts and pan are for a Fox, the running gear was meant for a Fox, but the guy I bought it from ran out of time and money.

I have a hammer and a welder ...so I will make the trans fit :lol:

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I'm not sure if the hammer will be much help.... it's not a "snug" fit that requires a little tweaking. It's an impossible fit without cutting out sections and re-boxing the tunnel. It's definitely do-able, just plan up front on cutting up/out the tunnel.

Dave

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
welcome..and good luck. could be a very long journey.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I was going to scrap it for a 5 speed but after speaking with a few that have done the swap I am good to go, my biggest fear is the wiring I hope it is fairly straight foward..ie the pro-injection setup/ incorperating it with the cars harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts