Vintage Mustang Forums banner

New to the group

659 Views 17 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  CJM68GT390
Hello fellow Mustang Lovers,
I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 68 Fastback GT, 302 engine, standard transmission. I love this body style in the 1st generation Mustangs. I was looking for a 67 or 68 model so I am very happy with my purchase.

I do have a question for the Texas area members. Can anyone recommend a good shop to do work on our vintage Mustangs? Particularly in the Houston area.
I would like to take mine to a trustworthy shop to get the Suspension, brakes and steering upgraded. As you all probably know the original handling of a 1st generation is nothing to be desired. I feel like my car is all over the road. I would not take this car on a long trip right now. I need an upgraded suspension and steering real bad. LOL.

Thanks, Look forward to conversing with you all..
JB
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
You need someone to turn that car into a boat. That way you can drive it more often. I was there for Harvey, and all those days for random storms in the years prior with 16+ inches of rainfall in 24 hours. (Memorial day? I think)

here are some older posts from the texas group

· Registered
288 Posts
RRS on the other side of the world makes a badass strut system. It supposed to bolt up and you can upgrade the brakes, steering and handling all in one go for the front end. You can bolt it in and have a shop do the alignment for you.

Its a pretty modern setup.

· Registered
1968 triple blk conv. 289 2v, c4 auto.
33 Posts
Welcome and very nice! I agree with mustang656man. My car handles curvy roads decently and tracks straight down the highway at 75mph with no “floating” or shaking. I upgraded the original components with new parts and works just fine.

· Premium Member
438 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Your car really looks great and the "shine" dazzles! Good luck with any of the mods you choose. I am sure the gang will recommend some good choices for shops in your general area. Best wishes!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts