Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a floor jack that I can lift out of my truck and I can't lift much. Most of the events on the concrete at Grissom this year are Saturday and Sunday events and given the cheese grater condition of the concrete a front to rear swap is needed after the first day. In the past I would tow the car home, back it off the trailer, and swap the tires, and put it back on. Screw that given cordless impact guns and my new floor jack I can do that at the track. Not cheap but weighs in under 36 lbs! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J7SBTB4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
7,057 Posts
I'm carrying bottle jacks in my Mustang and my work truck now that are kind of short and squatty, top threads up to make initial contact then will lift several thousands of pounds, compact, lightweight and easy to manipulate.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I needed a floor jack that I can lift out of my truck and I can't lift much. Most of the events on the concrete at Grissom this year are Saturday and Sunday events and given the cheese grater condition of the concrete a front to rear swap is needed after the first day. In the past I would tow the car home, back it off the trailer, and swap the tires, and put it back on. Screw that given cordless impact guns and my new floor jack I can do that at the track. Not cheap but weighs in under 36 lbs! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J7SBTB4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 794599

View attachment 794600
Might have to join you on that one. Digging the handle design for easy removal that the other brands seem to omit.

I also don't buy anything from Harbor Freight that's responsible for keeping me alive...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Yup, those small aluminium jacks are daddy oh! Been carrying one for four years along with a couple of aluminum jack stands.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Might have to join you on that one. Digging the handle design for easy removal that the other brands seem to omit.

I also don't buy anything from Harbor Freight that's responsible for keeping me alive...
You shouldn't be relying on ANY jack to keep you alive. That's what jack stands are for.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You shouldn't be relying on ANY jack to keep you alive. That's what jack stands are for.
You might re-read what I said...still applies :).

Also, on the side of the road, I generally don't have access to my full garage. Jack stands are typically not packed along, but a wheel/tire will generally due the trick.

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Worked great after the test and tune yesterday to rotate the tires before todays points event!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts