Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Vintage 45s are on the car and I must say I'm very /forums/images/icons/smile.gif with how they look and fit. Vintage Wheel Works were a pleasure to work with and even extended a 10% discount just for the asking! They powdercoated the spokes matte black for me at a reasonable cost, and from ordering to delivery was only about four weeks. And they threw in the lugnuts for free!

I want to thank everyone at VMF who responded to my postings and PMs on this topic, like GT350Clone and DaveLouw. An extra big thanks goes out to NedCrane (Lee Kemper) who lives nearby and took the better part of a Saturday afternoon to put my vert up on the rack and swap out various wheels and tires from his cars. We measured and estimated and analyzed to get the B/S and tire size right before I ordered and it came out perfect. Lee also installed my TCP subframes...he's one of the good guys/forums/images/icons/smile.gif!

Specs:
front: V45 16x8" 4.5" B/S Dunlop SP8000 225R50/16
back: V45 16x8" 4.5" B/S Dunlop SP8000 255R50/16
There are no suspension mods to the car. On the front the inner rim is about .25" from the ball joint, lots of clearance from the fender throughout the turn radius. On back the inner rim/tire is about .50" from the "steel knife" and about as far from spring. No rubbing on the outside back at all.

I went down to Sligo Creek Parkway this morning and took these pics. Some of them came out pretty well! If you are a Club Photo member, sign in and you can see the big versions/forums/images/icons/blush.gif!

Now, for the weekend!
p.s. We also just added the race mirrors and back valence, got a local body shop guy to match the Y code paint.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Wow, how'd you black out the center like that? Talk about MEAN...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Made my day,looks better than I ever imagined.It's gonna look really mean when it's lowered,hopefully sooner than later....See you tomorrow...

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I asked what color the centers were they said in a media blasted aluminum color. The black is sooo much better!
Maybe that is the way to go.
I like it.
Gordy
This site is really paying off.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vintage Wheel Works has a shop nearby them that does powercoating, $55 per wheel. Much better price than around here and they did it quick too. They also powdercoated the back of the rims, inside, by mistake but that's fine with me cause they'll be easy to clean.....

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The distance from the "steel knife" near the bumpstop in the back wheel to the rim/tire is more like 1.5" and about the same distance from leaf springs to the tire. So you could easily go with 5" or 5.5" backspacing on the back and fit up to a 265 or greater tire...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts