Vintage Mustang Forums banner

New wiring harness available for pertronix

595 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jazzbo 
That sounds pretty cool, but 2 thoughts that come to mind: In 99% of all cases, the Pertronix doesn't need a full 12v, and what would the correct color code be for a wire that didn't use to exist?

One thing that might make it peak my interest more, is if it had 2 wires through the firewall grommet ... one for the Pertronix, one for an electric choke (they DO like 12v), and possibly even a 3rd for a tach wire.

I do like the idea of a nice neat grommet at the firewall, though, and your price is very reasonable.

I'm really not trying to "rain on your parade", but Pertronix changed their instructions a couple years ago, now stating that you should hook it to a switched 12v source. The reason for the change in the instructions was a very, very small percentage of people that had problems running the Ignitor via the resistor wire (I suspect it's because of old, usually butchered, wiring). The instructions that I received with my Ignitors, several years ago, stated to hook it to the coil and leave any resistor in place. I've run Ignitors for years on daily drivers via the resistor wire on many cars and have yet to have a problem with any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.