Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to replace my (perfectly good) steering wheel with a Shelby type wood wheel. Big question: 6 bolts or 9 bolts? What’s the difference and advantage of each?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has anything to add?! What's with this group, cat got your typing fingers?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
6 bolt for originality (no horn button). 9 bolt if you want a horn button.

You can see a 6 bolt in my gallary.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
If you don't give a whit about originality, Momo make a 6 bolt wheel with a horn button.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
With the 9 bolt hub you have more options down the road should you want to change wheels. I have a 9 bolt on my car and I think the hub is too damn big!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like my 9 bolt, 15 inch GT Performance wheel. Though the chrome horn button can reflect the sun right into your eyes at times.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I like my 9 bolt, 15 inch GT Performance wheel. Though the chrome horn button can reflect the sun right into your eyes at times.
Ha Ha! I just went for my shakedown run and filling the tank before loading up the car on the trailer for my first autocross event next Sunday and the shinny wiper arms were burning my retinas. I've got to remember to remove them between tech and the first run. Unless it's raining.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
Ha Ha! I just went for my shakedown run and filling the tank before loading up the car on the trailer for my first autocross event next Sunday and the shinny wiper arms were burning my retinas. I've got to remember to remove them between tech and the first run. Unless it's raining.
The originals weren’t nearly as shiny! I have a pair of originals I need to install someday.

As for wheels here is a pic of mine. Like I said above 14” and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Just apply a strip of black vinyl or electrical tape to the side of the wiper arm thats casting the reflection.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
The originals weren’t nearly as shiny!
Not sure about that on a 65. The car was stupid original until I got my mitts on it.

Just apply a strip of black vinyl or electrical tape to the side of the wiper arm thats casting the reflection.
I like it! And it keeps me 100% legal for CamT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts