Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new both to Mustangs and to mechanical work above an oil change. Thanks to the shop manual and lurking a lot on this fine, fine forum, I'm learning quite a bit. Thanks much to those who share their knowledge so freely.

That said, I hope someone can help me identify and locate replacement for a small hose w/clamps. With the air cleaner off, I noted fuel leaking from a small rubber hose that appears to connect the fuel line to the fuel filter (screwed into the side of the carb). On either end was a small wife clamp, removable by pinching 3 prongs together with a pair of pliers.

Taking the clamps off and reseating the hose didn't help. The shop manual instructions for replacing the fuel filter specify that one should replace these clamps at the same time. I appears the PO had changed the fuel filter, but these odd litle clamps are likely original.

I guess I need to find both the clamps and the short rubber "fuel inlet hose" (per service manual), but I'm having no luck at Advance, Autozone, or a couple Mustang places. I'm not worried about concours, but am of course desirous of avoiding a fire, and perhaps getting a few less gallons per mile ::

Any help with this newbie prob greatly appreciated. '66 289 4v, with Thermactor (until I learn enough to take it off). Up until June, it had just been driven 25 ft. a month for a year or two.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The clamps are available in my local Autozone in the HELP! section, as set of assorted sizes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx much. I was trying to find this as an application-specific part, not a generic...which is why I couldn't find it. Even though I'm at the dumbass end of the learning curve, I try not to ask dumbass questions until I've exhausted resources trying to find it on my own. :eek: Nothing like picking up a new hobby in midlife...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bingo- that did it. Since the filter was so shiny and the hose/clamps so old, I wouldn't have thought they came with the filter. PO must have just been too lazy to change hose when he did filter? Owell...thanks, all better now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts