Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Newbie with a seat riser question

553 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MikeB 
#1 ·
I should start off by saying you guys here are great! You have been a real help with my project!
I have been kinda lurking here for a little while now, and have never really had to post anything to find an answer for any problems I have had till now.
I have finished getting the new floor pans into my coupe, and I am getting ready to install the seat risers. The original risers had a pretty stout looking support on the bottom, connecting the front and back sides. My reproductions don't have these on them. Should I remove the old supports, and weld them into my new risers? Or should I weld them in as is?
Thanks again for all of guys help,

#2 ·
I don't know for sure, but would those reinforcements be there for the seat tracks? I would put them on if it is not too much trouble. These unibodies need all the support they can get. See what others think. I was just guessing. good luck. tp.

#3 ·
I know what you are talking about, my new seat risers did not have the supports as well. The guy I bought them from restores mustangs for a living and I asked him if I should weld the supports back in. He said there was no need to. So I did not, everything seems to be fine without the supports weleded to the new seat risers.

#4 ·
I'm not sure they really need to be there either, the risers are pretty beefy. I went ahead and cut them out of the old ones though, so I might as well go ahead and do it now.
Thanks for the info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.