Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my situation:
I have a 65 Vert I6
Nice 4 Bolt wheels 14x6 wheels that really suck.

I'm planning on doing a disk brake swap and switch my hubs to a 5 bolt pattern. Will the 5 bolt pattern from the Granada swap work for the newer mustang wheels? I checked out mustangrestomod.com and the tire size will fit in my car...I just didn't know if I needed a different bolt pattern. I know spacing between bolts varies.

THe reason being is that I have a set of wheels and tires from a 1999 mustang that are just laying around in the basement and if I can use them I'd like to.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The 5 lug bolt pattern is correct. Backspacing is the problem. To put 96 GT wheels on my 72 Mach1, I needed to use 1 inch spacers on the front wheels.
JH

·
Registered
967 Posts
When you switch to granadas up front you would need to swap out the rear end also. The new wheeIs have a different backspace. I do not know the exact measurements however IIRC it is about an inch more backspace then the older wheels. So you could use a rear from a 67-70 because it is 2 inches wider then you would not need spacers out back. Just a thought. As previously stated I do not know the exact measurements so obviously do your own measurements. There are a number of people who have done this. If you do a search for late model wheels you should turn up something.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have some aftermarket 4 lug wheels for sale. Also noticed in the Summit catalog that there are lots of new one from Centerline with 4x4.5".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts