Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey was just watching Overhaulin (pretty average episode in my opinion) and saw that next weeks episode they will be restoring a 65/66 mustang fastback ... looks like it'll be painted guardsman blue too ... looking forward to this one ::

James

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
That makes 2 of us!!! I cant wait to see that episode and it looks like it out awesome(didn't really like the skylark too much, never liked lowriders, although those subwoofers were very nice :))

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well, around this area its on TLC at 9pm.

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
We were talking about that at tonight's meeting. Two of the mechanics are from Hayward (Jerry at ABC Mustang and (Mike) Maier Racing). They are great supporters of BAMA.
Stan

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yeah it looks awesome, got to see the car today shhh!!!!!

The car is awesome and the work they put into it was just impeckable. All I have to say is they replace the whole front clip of this car.

Great work

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just hope that's the only color they paint it. I'm not a fan of the 2,3,4 tone paintjobs that Chip Foos(sp?) puts on every car. I admire his skill but we don't share the same taste in schemes.

Plus the show is getting off the auto side and spending more time on the prank aspect and I think it's pretty cheesy.

Don

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
I just hope that's the only color they paint it. I'm not a fan of the 2,3,4 tone paintjobs that Chip Foos(sp?) puts on every car.

Plus the show is getting off the auto side and spending more time on the prank aspect and I think it's pretty cheesy.

Don
Well, guess that sums it up well. :: Foose is a very talented person but his ego has gone wild with the lace, etc. and the color choice........well.....someone please flush. The workmanship on the Buick was VERY well done but feel that a more realistic theme would be more meaningful to the mainstream viewer. Think someone cruised that Buick in from the Fl. Keys! That was some serious rust. A good case for NOT putting the trunk w/stripping in the drain on the body. Glad they DIDN'T do that to our Mustangs. ::

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I just hope that's the only color they paint it. I'm not a fan of the 2,3,4 tone paintjobs that Chip Foos(sp?) puts on every car. I admire his skill but we don't share the same taste in schemes.

Don
Man, you got that right! It's turning into just another crappy "reality" show.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree with what you guys are saying, but you need to remember that Foose takes into account the personality of the individual who owns the car when he comes up with the theme. We may not like it that well, but he is not building it for us, he is building it for the owner. Let's hope the owner of the 65/66 Fastback isn't a fan of airbag suspensions or the show 'Pimp my ride'!

K

·
0 Posts
I agree. Its for that person and Foose realizes that.
What I did note is that since this 'mark' was not into the performance aspect of cars but more into the 'bling' show-off he did not get any engine mods or fantastic suspension for performance. The stereo installers at the beginning mentioned installing a couple video screens and DVD player.....my guess is that the producer paying the bills nixxed that since they never mentioned that again.

I think 'Overhaulin' should also install major anti-theft devices. Some of these cars won't last long as daily drivers. :(

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hey, at least Foose doesn't paint every car resale red. :: How boring would that be? I agree that his taste in paint jobs is not always the same as mine, but he mixes it up pretty good from car to car so they don't all look the same. And like others said, he tries to take into account what the owners tastes are. I agree with Mike about the anti-theft devices. They need to make that part of the package on every one of them.

Looking forward to seeing what they do to a Mustang. I'm sure there will be something to talk about next Wednesday.

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts