Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i got headers a new intake new carb now what should i do prolly a new distributor for sure but what else can i do to help performance liek little things like plug wires etc. please give me some ideas please????

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's plenty of things you can do!! What do you want to do with the car?? Is it a daily driver?? You could put in a cam, roller rockers, new heads!! Be more descriptive, and we'll help a little more!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i mean i dont race i drive it prolly 3 times a week and i want it to be quick and fast but i cant really put a lot of money into it right now so what are the small easy things that will help performance

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes can someone tell me what is up with gears and how much they are and what i need to look for in a catalog also is that something that is a exspensive job???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get some underdrive pulleys, theyre a cheap way to add performance

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
You can pick up a used center section (also called a pumpkin) at a wrecking yard. They do go bad, but not very often. Stock gear ratio is typically 2.79:1 . For street/strip go for 3.25:1 to 3.50:1 . For strip only go numerically higher. I've got 3.25:1, improved performance and I can still drive on the freeway without redlineing...

I haven't bought a use pumpkin in a while, but I think I paid $150 five years ago. To have one rebuilt would cost $400ish.

Oh, after your gear change, install electronic ignition. Either convert your points distributor with a Pertronix, or swap in a Ford Duraspark.

[color:blue]
1967 Acapulco Blue coupe
302 4V, C4, 9" 3.25:1
Torq-Thrust "D" 225-60-14
1968 PDB, Corbeau
LeCarra, Alpine in-dash CD
http://www.geocities.com/mlnielsen_67/index.htm
WEBSITE UPDATED 3/25/01
</font color=blue>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts