Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Although it looks to have been sitting awhile, TX plates look semi current. Nice little project for someone with no reserve.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Focus....stay on track with what you already have. Unless you are into collecting cars that need restoring.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
You can't tell much from internet pic's. They tend to make a vehicle look a lot better than it is. There is a lot of work there but if most of the parts come with the car it may be worth it. Not sure where it will end up price wise but it's already close to what I would pay. Would want to inspect or have a local VMF'r inspect before doing anything if I were in the market.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
The buyer has got to be kidding for 7K? I'm not a cheapie, but, having done a total restoration and what he has "admitted", my max bid would be 3.5K max. It's a basket case, that happens to be a 2+2 and all apart.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I am curious on the market of the pre 70 special cars. What would an "A-Code (289 V8 4-barrell carb), factory GT, factory 4-Speed car, Red exterior with red interior" in decent driving condition be worth? $25K? Or does it have a higher potential yield?

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
The current bid is $7,000. There are 4 days left on the auction. I guarantee that price will go up significantly. Love it when people take an automatic trans out without unbolting the torque converter from the flexplate. But I can't talk too much crap. I did the same thing at 18 with my first Mustang when I did my first transmission.

Never ceases to amaze me when someone replaces a manual transmission with an automatic. I know the reason they do it, but they always leave the clutch pedal in the car and then they get rid of that manual trans that is usually easily rebuilt if it's not working.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
But I sware that grass is soo much greener over on that side of the fence!!! LOL :D
That just means that you have to water it, fertilize it and mow it more often!

Me thinks you've got bitten bad by the Mustang bug! I too keep looking at another "project" for my 15yo son. But then I keep telling myself "What the hell are you thinking!!" The boy needs a car/truck he can turn the key on and get to school NOW! So I'm thinking of a parts chaser truck for "him" ;^)

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
I hope the bid onthis thing goes to $10,000.00 I would be SOOOOO happy!! LOL:D
I know the feeling. 11 years ago I bought my project in about the same condition for $1500.00 Guy wanted $5K for it and I told him up front in no way is that basket case worth anywhere near that. I guess now it is!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Oh, it is definitely going to get up over $10,000. I realize pictures don't tell the whole story, and I wouldn't plunk down the money without seeing it, but it looks pretty straight and pretty solid.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It blows my mind what some of these project cars go for. Already $7500, that's crazy.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
I bet it goes for around $10k-$12k if it's a legit GT and the motor is a correct A code. Most stuff goes for too much on eBay anymore. I rarely buy stuff on there anymore.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It blows my mind what some of these project cars go for. Already $7500, that's crazy.
that's not crazy, it's F'n rediculous..... E-Bay is how this kind of stuff has gotten so out of hand with the bidding wars. :loco:

·
Registered
669 Posts
We were just talking about this in another thread. I'd be willing to bet the bidders are in NY or California, or closely surrounding areas. If I had the room, and some extra money, I would take that car at that price. You guys in the rest of the country are missing out. You could make a fortune selling some the cars you find to us.

·
Premium Member
10,944 Posts
shure is a lot of betcha's going on here ! is anybody on the forum a "book maker" ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts