Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned home with the family from a vacation to California and Oregon. Boy have I forgotten what it was like to live on the West coast. Old cars everywhere! The number of 65-68 daily driver hardtops in the Chico, CA area alone rivaled what I see at many car shows here in the midwest.

I would have to say if SWMBO wasn't with me I wouldn't have had the will power to leave that 67 2dr 390 powered LTD in that Fairway parking lot!! Bless her heart. And if I had more time I would have made friends with the elderly widow next to my in-laws who owns a 64 T-Bird that she uses to get groceries...kills me.

Grants Pass, OR had it's fair share of nice old cars, also, which is also where I was raised. Missed their "Back to the Fifties" car show by one week. Go figure.

It's good to be home, though.

I'll have to plan another Mustang search..er...a..I mean vacation there soon.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yes it's amazing what you can find out in CA, nice cars everywhere.

My wife and I were out there last summer when we ran across a 73 Mach sitting by the side of the road with a for sale sign in it. We just stopped to look. It was absoultely rust free and all there. Fortunately my wife wouldn't let me leave it there, its in the garage.

Didn't you just want to bring them all home?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Its true. Besides myself, my neighbor drives a 66 coupe, friends drive 65 coupe, 66 fastback, and 68 fastback gt. All daily driver. Not to mention everywhere you look there either other daily drivers or stangs for sale.

·
Registered
477 Posts
That's why we hate tourists. It's not enough that you come here jam up our freeways, add to our smog, and use our good weather, now you want to take all our old cars! Can't you just visit our tourist traps and take home a mouse ear hat? Step back from the classic car and go back across the border ;)

:: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not fair that you tease us with your $2.25 per gallon gas, heavy traffic at 4:am and bad parts of town with no signs saying as much, but to deprive us 'out of towners' of those rust free beauties would be shear torture! Look at it this way, just one less gas-guzzling, smog-omitting, freeway-clogging car to deal with on your way to the beach. ;)

...if you promise not to tell anyone...I did come home with a pair of those funny black ears, but hey, that was the kids part of the trip. Ok?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Those are the "tourist traps" that we like ;) We hope that they persuade others not to come here. Guess will have to think of some more ;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was born and and spent the first 10 years in the L.A. area and this was my first time back. Man has it grown from what I remember! :: Of course it has been 30 years! ::

This is a little off topic, but...How does CA treat those looking to do a title search? Both my cars are San Jose built.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
it is great out here, ive got a daily driver 66 restomod, my own gf has a 66 daily driver, ive got a friend with a 66 , another with a 68 mustang , and 68 camaro driver, i also have a good friend with a 66 chevy II driver.....thats only a FEW that i can just name... there r classics everywhere here....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts