Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
So I usually have a drink before heading off to bed. This rum with orange juice was a nice "twist" tonight.

Anyone else have a nightcap before dozing off?

Allen
Sometimes one very cold beer or just enough of a VERY good single malt Scotch to cover two ice cubes.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Sometimes one very cold beer or just enough of a VERY good single malt Scotch to cover two ice cubes.
Ok, I am curious, what rates as a VERY good single malt Scotch in your book and what qualities does it posses?

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I am curious, what rates as a VERY good single malt Scotch in your book and what qualities does it posses?
I have had some of the finest Scotch ever made (or so I'm told but I won't get into the story) and it still tasted bitter to me...just not my "cup of tea"...

As a side note, it's my brothers drink of choice...

Allen

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
back to the house from the shop, shower, then grab 4 Busch Lights (my 'lil blue buddies) from the fridge. 2 immediately go in the freezer, 2 in koozies. Flip on the boob tube for some motor channel shows like Iron Resurrection, All Custom Garage, Graveyard Cars, Junkyard Empire, etc. The 1st 2 go pretty quick as I'm worn out for the day- then grab the 2 from the freezer that are at that absolute perfect blue mountain on the can color and enjoy until sleepytime! Apparently this habit makes me snore (according to SWMBO), but I never really noticed that aspect?....:wink:

As for the heavier fuel- loves me some Kracken dark spiced rum and Diet Coke! :pirate:

·
Dimples
3,523 Posts
If I’m going to have a drink, I’m going to have seven drinks, so I don’t do the night cap. Once a week or so I may feel goal oriented with a client or friends.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
IMO There's no single "best" Scotch. Like many things it's all personal preference, there's many different subtle and not-so-subtle tastes. My wife once got me a $200 bottle, and I didn't like the smokey peaty flavor, and much preferred my normal $60+ bottle of 12Year Glenfiddich or Johnny Walker Black. I told her I appreciate the effort, but don't do that again :)

I shouldn't because they say it's bad for sleeping soundly, but I have a nightcap most nights:
Blackberry Brandy (sometimes mixed with Scotch or Tequila) , Patron Silver, Scotch, Good sipping Rum (with or without a mixer), Grand Marnier, Celtic Cross ( a Honey Liquor ) , and others I'm forgetting...

I know, a bad habit !

GT350, I like Kracken also !

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I've tried a shot of Cabo Wabo on occasion to help sleep, and it doesn't work for me. Best sleep I get is if I had ice cream for dessert. I guess there is something to that old 'warm milk' thing. Altho the ice cream is cold, it's still dairy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My drink of choice is bourbon. Woodford Reserve and Blanton's being my favorites. I've had to quit buying them because I was catching my wife using my good stuff to make Whiskey Sours or mixed with ginger ale. I need to dedicate some time to filling a couple of bottles with Jim Beam so that we can both be happy and I don't have to serve a life sentence for killing her.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Kraken and Coke Zero is my goto!!. I find I fall asleep a lot faster as it just takes the edge off.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I'll grab my one med for the evening and head to the kitchen. I'll get a thick drinking glass out of the freezer and fill it with cold milk from the fridge. Then add two scoops of Nestle Quik and stir it all up until well blended. Drink about half of that, then put my pill in my mouth. Take about two more swallows of my beverage of choice and call it a night.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
My drink of choice is bourbon. Woodford Reserve and Blanton's being my favorites. I've had to quit buying them because I was catching my wife using my good stuff to make Whiskey Sours or mixed with ginger ale. I need to dedicate some time to filling a couple of bottles with Jim Beam so that we can both be happy and I don't have to serve a life sentence for killing her.
Local Kroger sells some limited single barrel Knob Creek that is top notch. Definitely good sipping stuff, buy the cheaper for diluting with mixers. My wife's radio station gives Christmas gifts of Woodford Reserve to their advertisers, usually a couple bottles left over...how sad...ha ha. Blanton'$ excellent

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I don't have it often, but I judge on its smoothness, no heavy peat or too earthy but it fills with a woody flavor like one would have walking into a grandfather's well-lit wood working shop. I currently have a bottle of Glenlivet Master Distiller's Reserve. Previous bottle is Glenmorange and it is around 35 years aged now. I enjoy Tennesee whiskey when away from home.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Some Tito's over ice with just a splash of OJ...…or.....Crown on ice.

John

1 - 20 of 52 Posts