Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Don't normally "nightcap" but when its colder weather, I've grown incredibly fond of rum and Chai tea mix.....or Rrrrrrum-chai! as I like to say until my wife gives me the "that's enough look". Otherwise, there is a small time distillery a few miles away that creates an awesome, award winning single malt whisky, Defiant. It helps take off rough edges as well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I used to make an ol fashioned or a Manhattan every afternoon between 4:30 and 5:00. Sometimes that would end up being several. Quit that habit about a year ago. Now. If I want a beer with dinner. I'll grab one out of the upstairs closet and stick it in the freezer a bit before mealtime. That's about it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I gave up the devils nectar years ago.

Years of waterfront dives and seedy gin joints were and still are a lot of fun, but in the end, time always wins.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I too love Craft Beer, mostly on the dark side in color. But I do like some bourbon, Woodford Reserve Double Oak, (not bourbon but) Crown Black and some Craft Bourbon made right here in Texas with only organically grown Texas ingredients, Garrison Brothers. All over a little ice, no mixers for me.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
No it's not! We really need to have a beer together sometime. It's on my bucket list

Definitely!

Believe it or not, I just put down the suds last Monday. Things have been kinda rough for me right now and I've been watching 12 pack boxes pile up on trash day. Went to a music festival this weekend and my motorhome looked like a Frat-house recycling bin on Sunday morning. My shoes are starting to disappear as viewed from above - if ya know what I mean ;o).

Taking a little hiatus for a while till I can see my laces again. That said, I would definitely break out for a beer-cation in honor of your bucket list. Maybe we can get Brad @2nd66 to crack open an ice cold Gatorade with us...

·
Registered
3 Posts
A glass of Montenegrin wine.. I'm having some serious sleeping problems for years but sleeping like a baby after a glass of Monte Cheval. I've been to Podgorica last summer and bought 5 bottles of it. You should all see this place, guys. The natures is amazing and the people are the best. After spending 2 weeks there I started to think that it would be so cool to buy a property in Montenegro and come here every summer. Also if you are into wine tasting there are a lot of good vineyards around the city.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
All this talk about bourbon so here is a PSA: If anyone wants to take a trip into my neck of the woods, the bourbon capitol of the world Bardstown, will be hosting it's annual Bourbon Festival in about a month.
https://www.kybourbonfestival.com/

I used to make it to several of the events but just browsed some of the booths the last few years. Tickets to some of the events are fairly pricey but worth it.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
My 2 cents on what makes a "good Scotch", it's all about smoothness and flavor. Either you like it or you don't.

While I am not one for a nightcap, when I do drink liquor, I favor sipping quality, neat, with a water back. While my liquor of choice for many years has been from the family of Single Malt Scotch (Longmorn, Balvenie Double Wood 17, etc) some of the blended choices (Sheep Dip, Knockando, etc) are tasty as well. Over the past couple of years I have explored Bourbons and Ryes and most recently Japanese Whiskeys . Examples include Mad River, Angels Envy, Basil Hayden, Lost Republic, etc. Some of the high octane examples generally labeled "Cask Strength" are quite smooth and tasty. With the "Total Wine" retailer coming to town this past year, it is very much a "Toys R Us" for adults!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts