Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I have owned my Fastback, I have been having nightmares of it being stolen or worse. Last night I had a dream that it was stolen then recovered, but was gutted and torched. Does this go away in time?

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
My first car was a 65 GT Coupe, and I owned it for about 8 years. I loved that car; it was a great daily driver and never let me down (well, almost never :p). I lost it in a bad accident waiting to turn left, when a '47 Willys Jeep slammed into my rear, pushing me into the oncoming traffic, where I got hammered in the front. Today, the car would be restorable, but back in 1978, it was totaled.

Ever since that day, I would have a nightmare (about once or twice a month) about that car. I'd wake up in a cold sweat, then all the next day I'd think about how nice that car was and how I wanted it back.

Twenty years later, I realized I had the money to buy another, so Midlife came into my life. Ever since then, the nightmares stopped. I don't know how to apply my lesson to your situation, but I can certainly empathize.

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
I see that you live in East LA, so no, I think it is a likey thing to contend with.
I'd put some kind of kill switch in there, part it inside at night of at least ounder a light (which often is not a hindrance) and maybe buy a Lojac alarm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts