Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and girls). I had a great idea the other day about where to hide a nitrous bottle. I have a 68 fastback and when I took the interior quarter panels off, I realized how much room is behind there. I thought it would be a kick ass place to put a 10 pound nitrous bottle. You would have to custom-fabricate doors it the front of the panel to get to the bottle, but still, it would kick ass! What do ya'll think about that?

My boss said the bottles shouldn't get too hot, and I believe him because he has a '69 Camaro w/ a 631 big block with 1,500 horsepower and runs a dual nitrous system!!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
WHAT, YOU ARE PUTING NITROUS ON A CLASSIC FASTBACK? ARE YOU NUTS! (I just put a 100 shot on my fastback and love it!)hehehehehe ::

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sorry, hit the wrong reply button! I say build it the way you want! NOS is cool! I put down on the dyno 178hp stock and 288hp on the bottle! Fun as hell!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
most states, its illegal to install the nitrous in the passenger area of the car. Im from the old school - put the bottle in the conventional area - it sure has the "wow" factor going for it when you pop the trunk lid!!! ::

http://www.bossman-motorsports.com/trunk4.jpg

randy

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK sykesk, you say it would blow up in a collision, but nitrous bottles in the trunk are right next to the GAS TANK, which is much worse!

Well, you could still put a CD changer in the interior 1/4 panel. Custom made doors would kick ass, no matter what you would put back there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts