Vintage Mustang Forums banner

NJ Autocross question for 69

695 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GOAT69 
#1 ·
Do they allow a 2 point lap seat belt to be used on a stock 69 car for autocross in NJ? Or do I have to add an aftermarket seat belt with the part that goes over your shoulder?

My local autocross location is primarily MetLife Stadium.

#3 ·
Depends on your class, I'm assuming CAM-T, out west a lap belt is fine but you won't enjoy the drive, it'll throw you all over the seat. The key is staying planted in your seat. A good belt is worth the money. When they inspect your car they will consider class, performance level, and your restraint. I run a schroth asm 4pt, it is the only DOT approved belt so it can be ran on the street but its not cheap. If you plan to run your car frequently like me, buy a good belt, you'll appreciate it.

#4 ·
Ok that gives me some hope, NJ seems to have extra rules in place for scca. Like you can not have a passenger unless you are an instructor. I dont plan to go serious with the 69, just to bring it out once or twice a year to have a little fun. I have an 07 mustang I use more competitively. Also the 69's only mod will be a T5 swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.