Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this explains why I have no reverse lights.

Harness is missing and connector in engine bay is hacked to splice the NSS bypass. Ordered new switch for 1970 C4 at cj pony.

I can't find a C4 harness, I can splice and make my own but anyone know where to get? Needs the 4 conductor square connection at both ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
35,216 Posts
I guess this explains why I have no reverse lights.

Harness is missing and connector in engine bay is hacked to splice the NSS bypass. Ordered new switch for 1970 C4 at cj pony.

I can't find a C4 harness, I can splice and make my own but anyone know where to get? Needs the 4 conductor square connection at both ends.
The switch includes the wiring and plug. The opposite plug, at the center of the firewall, is part of the main under-dash harness. Maybe you can get one from Midlife, or certainly you could cut one from most Fords of the period.

There is no "C4 harness" as such. All Mustangs from 67-on had that same plug at the center of the firewall, and manual trans cars simply had a loop on the back of the plug to enable the neutral safety circuit.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
The NSS/backup light switch comes with a square molded connector with 2 male and 2 female contacts:

For the firewall pigtail (which is part of the underdash harness) if you cannot find the mating 4 contact connector you can simply use two 2 contact connectors which are readily available at most auto parts stores and plug them into the 4 contact switch connector side by side:

Just making certain that you match wire original color codes on both sides of the connectors. NSS = RED/BLU, B/U = BLK/RED

Paul

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect. I'll use the two contact ones. The PO hacked the molded quad connector wire right at the connector so there is no wire to splice to.

I thought there was a connector harness between this plug and the switch but it sounds like the switch attached pigtail is long enough to reach.

Thanks folks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts