Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for Any one who has a 64 Mustang with the 3 louvers for cooling the gennerator that are stamped in the Radiator Support in front of the battery. I need a pattern or dimensions of these louvers. Tks Scott

·
Registered
226 Posts
Scott-
You mean these vents, right?

I'll try get you some this weekend if I get out to work on my car, it's stored about 12 miles from where I live.

Greg

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tks Greg and MrRon1. Here is a photo of how to measure the Louvers them self's and a photo of a rad. Support i drew up and where to measure where there at. The louvers in the pictures i'v seen appear to be tapered instead of rounded though. Kinda wish mine was louver'd and needed replaced, Then i'd make a plaster of paris mold of the original Louver. See what you both can do for me when you get to your Stang this weekend. Tks A Bunch C-ya Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
I didn't use a micrometer but these should be close. Some depend on where you measure from, for example on the 3" you can fudge an 1/8" depending on where you measure the curve where it bends around toward radiator.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Any other taker's on helping me get these dimensions on these louvers? Tks Scott

Don't happen to have a an extra rear quarter window regulator frame laying around? I need the upper stop that holds the window aligned. I found out yesterday that in 65 or 66 they started putting a rubber coating on them and riveting them to the regulator/window frame. Mine bolts in...so it has to come from an early 65.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tks Alecs65. That's a good enough location on the rad. Support, But i also need the size and measurement's on the louvers them selfs. On my other post there is a picture to the left of the picture that u used for the location that say's how to measure a louver. I have a donar 65 and i can look and see if the window reg. is bolted in. C-ya Scott

·
Registered
215 Posts
Tks Alecs65. That's a good enough location on the rad. Support, But i also need the size and measurement's on the louvers them selfs. On my other post there is a picture to the left of the picture that u used for the location that say's how to measure a louver. I have a donar 65 and i can look and see if the window reg. is bolted in. C-ya Scott

I looked at that picture and it is too small. I couldn't see the arrows.

The upper stop I need is bolted in with a single bolt, in later 65's they started riveting them in.

Email a bigger picture to me. [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts