Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an issue with Holley sniper TBI injection that one of yall may be able to help me with (Holley helpline takes forever to answer and is not 24/7).

So, my problem is that I only have ~18psi of fuel pressure no matter what. Here is my full fuel set up:

Hyperfuel dual 340lph pumps (with sock filters), piping off -6an line that is then y-ing into a single -8an to an Aeromotive 10 micron filter, then all the way up to the engine bay where the -8an line is downsized into a -6an to go into the Holley (because of my air cleaner clearence), then coming out of the other side of the Holley Sniper is the return line (all -6an) going into an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, the fuel pressure regulator has a -6an line back to tank.

No matter how I adjust the FPR it only reads 18psi. used two gauges to verify this. fuel pumps sound strong.

A theory of mine is that because I do not have "check valves" installed in the system the pumps may be feeding each other. But I had the system working just the way it is until about a month ago.

Any ideas/theories? This is starting to drive me crazy.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
What kind of Sniper are you running and how many HP? When it worked was the Sniper installed? Unless you are running one of the higher end Snipers and well over 1000 HP your fuel system might not be ideal.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
The Sniper has an internal pressure regulator set to 58 psi, maybe it has a problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found it

Found the issue. The Hyperfuel dual pumps have a sliding bracket to adjust to tank depth and you use a "cut to fit" fuel line to link each pump to the sending unit. I theorize the pumps fought each other causing one of the hoses to blow. All it took was 10 minutes and a trip to my local Orielly's. I have since purchased anti flow back (aka check) valves onto the fuel system to prevent this from happening again.

Inside the gas tank was the last place I figured I would have an issue.

Thank y'all for the responses

1 - 4 of 4 Posts