Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, we're going through a fuel shortage in Phoenix.
Drove by 4 gas stations and they are all dry.
Not a good thing.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Amazing, gas prices JUMPED thia last week! From 165 to 190 gallon at our "cheap" place. The USA pissed someone off bigtime!!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Don't complain about $1.90! I pay over $2.00 NORMALLY. Jees, you guys are ungrateful :)

Seriously, though... This is exactly what will happen soon in the future unless we find a way to get alternative fuel going...

K

·
0 Posts
Well here, today's gas went up $0.04.
Cheapest Premium I saw today $2.13, most expensive $2.35 :(

The gasoline execs are just watching their bonuses get bigger.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have an "alternate fuel," start drilling in alaska and charge .50 a gallon. I know, I know, but it sure does sound good doesn't it?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They say a supply line broke in Tucson a few days ago which is causing the problem.
I've got about 4 days worth of fuel left so I hope we get some gas soon (they are expecting a fuel shortage for another 2 WEEKS)...
Its kinda like the early 70s all over again :p

I'd sure hate to drain the fuel from the Mustang to supply my daily driver, lol

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
It's all bs about the line in Tucson. It's broken, yes, and has been for quite some time but it's not the reason for the shortage. It's an artificial shortage, which is being caused by the companies themselves. The tankers are running slowly and aren't making the deliveries.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
According to the Governor, the line that ruptured was transporting 54,000 gallons a day to Phoenix. She said the majority of the shortfall would be made up by tankers from Tucson, and an extra 34,000 gallons a day being pushed through a line from CA. That's a laugh... CA is perpetually short on gas, so how are they going to spare us an extra 34,000 gal/day?

Gas retail outlets have jacked the price up to supposedly discourage excessive consumption. Sure!!.. We'll see how quickly they drop the prices when the pipeline is back up and running.

This may last longer than originally thought. There have been a few refinery fires, and the blackout had a HUGE impact on refinery operations in the east. Shutting down a refinery needs to be done in stages, instead of all at once as occurred with the power failure. Under ideal conditions, it takes days to restart operations, but when they are not shut down properly, it takes even longer. All 3 of my vehicles have nearly a full tank, so we shouldn't have to resort to bicycles for a few weeks.

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Hmmm... Sounds like the same thing that happened in Chicago
a few summers ago. 87 Octane made it up to $2.03 a gallon at one point.

Yesterday morning, I filled up for $1.67

Its not a national thing right now.

-Zim

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I don't know about the refineries "back east". Our gasoline prices haven't changed at all and I just filled up my truck yesterday.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got back from work and only one out of about 8 gas stations has gas.
Use your imigination and guess how long the line was that one gas station ::

1 - 15 of 15 Posts